Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sweet notes and Pop Tarts..what a way to end a day!


I'm sure if you have been reading my blog by now, you are aware that my husband has been out of town for the past 3 days. I have to say it's been a great weekend ..until around 6:30pm this evening when I started losing all my patience with the kids. I had to keep reminding myself that Jacob was sick on Friday so he never left the house which in turn caused Ben to not play outside after school because Joseph went to a friend's house and Ben doesn't like to play outside alone. I guess I can't blame him. Saturday Joseph went to his friends house again and was basically gone all day. Jacob still wasn't feeling up to par so he wanted to stay inside since it was cold and I let him and Ben play video games all day. (BIG MISTAKE). I don't know what it is about this but when my kids play video games for longer than about an hour, they start getting on each others nerves. So although it was a pretty peaceful day, there were definintly times when they needed to be seperated for a bit. Today I had to go to the grocery store. I LOATHE the grocery store..even when I can go alone so taking all 3 kids was not a fun thing for me. The kids were arguing and just getting on each other's (and my) nerves. As the day went on, it just seemed to get worst. I found myself counting down the minutes until bedtime...at 3pm. lol Finally it was bath time (something Joe does..NOT me) and we muddled our way through it and did our "happy thoughts" and off to bed they all went. I went to tuck Joseph in and he had a huge smile on his face and handed me this card he had made. I could tell he had spent quite some time on it and yes, it brought tears to my eyes. Not sure if it was because it was so sweet or because my son seems to think it's appropriate to point out that he must thank me for taking care of them while Daddy is gone (as if I don't take care of them when he's home). lol


Here's what the letter says. "Thank you so much for taking care of us while daddy was gone. You are the best mom ever and I hope you get this letter. Remember, I am so grateful for you taking care of us while daddy was gone. Love, Joseph"

Not sure if you can tell but in the bubble next to my head, I am saying "break it down now"...you know, because I am dancing and that's what I say when I am dancing. LOL Joseph is saying "ok". Now is he saying "ok" in a "Mom, you're kinda weird" way or "ok" in a "Mom, you rock" kind of way?? By the way, that's a disco ball over our heads. Aaahh Freak Out! Le Freak, C'est Chic

So I end this weekend with this wonderfully sweet note from my 10 yr old and a pop tart. Ohh..did I just say that out loud? lol

1 comment:

On Stage said...

Amy, that's just the sweetest card! You should have it laminated and show it to his girlfriends when he's older!

I'm glad you survived your weekend without any trips to the emergency room!

I think it's now your turn for a ladies weekend :)