Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008..in The House of Blank

Christmas 2008...it was GREAT! The boys woke up early but had already gotten things to entertain them in their rooms until mom and dad woke up. I woke up at 8am and told Joe I felt we had put them off long enough. HAHA So...as I got the camera ready (yep..my NEW camera), Joe rounded up the bunch and marched them in the living room in an orderly fashion (LOL). Santa had left out their top 2 faves unwrapped (Joseph:Nintendo DS and digital camera (my old one), Jacob:Ripstick and Nintendo DS, and Ben: drum set and Nintendo DS). The boys all ran to their designated spot and checked out their unwrapped goods. Then it was time to get to the wrapped goods. We..um, I mean Santa..had left 2 ping pong paddles on the fireplace and Ben noticed them but I quickly redirected him to the gift unwrapping. ;) Once all the gifts were unwrapped and stockings were emptied, Joe said "Hey look, we got new ping pong paddles". LOL He then said, "why would we need ping pong paddles?" and Joseph yelled "NEW PING PONG TABLE....OUTSIDE!!!!" and immediately they all ran out in the driveway in search of a ping pong table. LOL I ran downstairs to the newly remodeled game room to get set up for the surprise and heard them run back inside yelling "GARAGE...CHECK THE GARAGE". Once they went in the garage and it wasn't there, someone yelled "BASEMENT" and that was when Joe said "LET ME GO FIRST" and insisted they line up after him. He instructed them to go into the main room and as they pulled the curtain back, there were many loud, girlish screams!!!! LOL They were jumping and screaming and so excited! It was SO worth all the work I have done over the last month and a half. :) They basically spent the entire day down there and have been down there A LOT today!!! They told my father in law that this was the best Christmas ever and they are so excited to have "their own space" to go to. It has been really nice to have them down there. It's been alot more quiet in this house. LOL Unfortunately, it's been rainy so there's been little time spent outside.

My dad arrives from Texas tomorrow and will spend about a week with us. We will go to my sister's house tomorrow afternoon as my sister from Texas and her family along with my other sister from Birmingham and her family will be here to celebrate! You gotta like having a week long celebration with family!

Sorry..no pictures yet as I am typing this on the laptop and don't have anything uploaded yet but will get to that as soon as possible!

No comments: