Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Holidays and New Years with Family!

I know, I know...I haven't posted in awhile. We have been so busy with family in town since the Saturday after Christmas and life is finally getting back to normal..so I will write.

Let's begin with that Saturday..December 27th. My sister from Texas and her husband and 2 sons (ages 13 and 12) and my Dad had driven from Texas to Birmingham, Al to stay with my oldest sister and her family on Friday, Dec 26th. They got up early Saturday morning and all drove to Georgia. My dad came to my house as he was spending the week here but the others all went to my sister's house in Grayson, Ga (about 5 mins from me) and we all met up there Saturday afternoon. There was my family of 5, my dad, my sister from Texas (family of 4), my sister who lives in Grayson, Ga (family of 4), and part of my sister from Birmingham's family (4 of them) here. It gets kind of complicated as my oldest sister (the one from Birmingham) is 14 yrs older than me and technically my niece is the one with the kids who are the grand kids ages but they all come with my sister instead of my niece so we kind of link them with my sister instead of my niece. Are you lost yet? lol Anywho...my niece (my oldest sister's daughter) has 4 kids but only 2 of them came to Georgia..the other 2 stayed in Alabama where my niece also lives. So here is how me and my sisters break down... Becky (lives in Birmingham) is the oldest. Becky has 2 kids (Scott and Donna) who are in their 30's. Scott has no children but Donna has 4 kids (boys ages 3,7,10,11) Then there's Lori (lives in Texas). She has 2 boys ages 12 and 13). Then there's Kelly (lives in Grayson, Ga about 5 mins from me). She has a girl (13) and a boy (10). And last but not least, there's me and I have 3 boys (6,8,and 10). So...in all, there are 11 kids ranging in ages from 3-13 (almost 14). Ok..now that you are totally confused, on with my story.....

So Saturday we all went to Kelly's to hang out and have Christmas. The cousins all had a great time running around and playing and us sisters had a great time catching up. We played some games and just hung out. Our husbands all get along so great so they just chilled and watched football all day. lol Becky and her family were only staying that one night so we really made the best of it. My family and my dad left late that night but we were back the next day to have more fun.

Becky's family left late Sunday evening and we came home to get some rest too. Monday my family, Kelly's family, and Lori's family all met at the mall for lunch, shopping, and to see Bedtime Stories. It was a lot of fun. We got home a little after dinner and decided it was time to challenge Grandpa to some poker. Grandpa had a great time but had to concentrate on his cards and on Jacob's cards. LOL Jacob ended up winning that night.

Tuesday we were back at Kelly's to hang out all day. Wednesday I woke up with a major migraine. It was New Year's Eve and we had plans to hang out at Kelly's house all day but I couldn't get out of bed. I took the Maxalt that I take for my migraines and went back to bed but unfortunately it didn't help. I am only supposed to take 1 per day but I had to take 2 that day. We ended up at Kelly's later in the afternoon and sadly there was no drinking for me on New Years Eve this year. lol We stayed until around 2am and then headed home. The kids all slept til almost noon the next day. AMAZING!!!

Thursday we were back to my sisters to hang out and eat black-eyed peas, cornbread, and rutabagas (bleh..none for me though). We left around 8pm as Lori and her family were heading back to Birmingham the next morning and dad was heading back towards Texas the next morning so we needed to get everyone to bed in a timely manner.

Friday was a chill day for us. Dad left around 11am to head west and the boys just played and hung out the rest of the day. It was nice and peaceful. We spent the rest of the weekend catching up on laundry and some cleaning. Unfortunately we didn't do any undecorating. lol

I hope everyone had a great holiday season and a Happy New Year! Here's to a better 2009!

1 comment:

On Stage said...

Wow! It has to be great having a large family! I'm going to read this again after I've hd a cup of coffee... see ya soon!